Due to the current forecast for continued snow and freezing conditions I have decided to close school today. The conditions of the roads into the village and surrounding areas are worsening and the school site and pathways are incredibly slippy. I have made an early decision so that parents have enough notice to make child care arrangements if necessary. I appreciate that this is not ideal for working parents but my priority has to be the children's safety and the safety of staff travelling to and from school as most travel from a distance. I am sure the children will enjoy the snow but should anyone require additional snow day activities, please learn times tables, read lots, do some baking, produce a project, learn spellings and phonics etc. I aim to open as usual on Monday 5th but please check the website before travelling. Thank you for your understanding and patience.