SPRING TERM READING CHALLENGE!
Welcome to your Reading Challenge! The purpose of this is for you to explore a range of different stories and texts and read for the enjoyment of reading. There are lots of different challenges to try and you can choose from any book you like. It is a great opportunity to try out different books, genres and authors, and also to read with and share books with friends and family.
HOW THIS WORKS
- Open your challenge grid below and print it off. The KS1 grid is for Reception, Years 1 and 2, while the KS2 grid is for Year 3, 4, 5 and 6. Look at the challenges and choose one you’d like to try.
- Choose a book you fancy.
- When you’ve finished the book, write the name of your book under the challenge and ask an adult to sign.
- See how many challenges you can complete by the end of half term. Don’t forget to email in things you have written or created as you go. We would love to share them on the school website and to include some of your book reviews in the weekly newsletter. Send them into the hedgehog class email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring in your challenge gird when you return after half term (or send it into us if the return date is extended!)
- Wait to hear if you have won a special reading prize!
You must choose a different book for each challenge!
Need help finding a book? Ask your teacher, friends or people in your home for ideas. We have also sent a list of websites that have free books as well as fun activities for you to try.
Good Luck and Happy Reading!