Aston Rowant Church of England School welcomes children into a safe and secure community where they will be nurtured, encouraged to achieve their full potential and to flourish in every area of life.
The life of the School is rooted in traditional Christian values. Our core Christian values are: respect, compassion, responsibility and wisdom.
The School seeks to create an effective partnership between pupils, staff, including staff from the Thame Partnership schools, families, Governors, the local community and the Church.
We seek to fulfill our Mission Statement by ensuring that our Christian Values underpin everything we do. Our aims are:
- To encourage pupils to develop lively enquiring minds, the ability to question and argue rationally, to apply themselves to a variety of physical and creative skills and to show responsibility by being active participants in their own learning.
- To encourage pupils to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant to their futures in a fast changing world.
- To encourage pupils to use Language, Mathematics, ICT and Science effectively.
- To encourage pupils to understand and respect the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- To encourage pupils to develop understanding and tolerance of the differences between people and to be compassionate in the way they interact with others.
- To encourage pupils to appreciate past and present human achievements and aspirations.
- To encourage pupils to realise their own self-worth and their place in the community so they can make wise choices.